Friday, February 4, 2011

The 4 G's of God

As I strive to follow God's plan for my life, I have discovered a "tool" called the 4 G's of God that might be my new outlook on life:
God is Good, so we don't have to look anywhere else for satisfaction
God is Glorious, so you no longer have to prove yourself
God is Great, so you don't have to be in control
God is Gracious, so you don't have to fear others

As you walk through your daily life, you are undoubtedly faced with sin all the time, whether intentional or not, it is just the way of the world that we live in. When Paul taught this to me, and everyone else at CRU, last Tuesday night, it really hit home. The way he put it, to paraphrase, was that whenever you find yourself struggling with sin in your life, stop and ask yourself, which of these four things are you not trusting God with?
As we read through 1 Thessalonians 2:1-12, he challenged us to see where and how Paul was trusting God with all of these things. The answer was everywhere, and yet he still called himself chief among sinners. I guess my challenge to myself and to you, is that the next time you find yourself facing sin in your life, stop and ask yourself,
"Am I trusting that God is Good so that I don't have to look ANYWHERE else for satisfaction?
Am I trusting that God is Glorious so that I no longer have to prove myself to anyone or anything?
Am I trusting that God is Great so that I don't have to be in control of what I am facing or what I am going through?
Am I trusting that God is Gracious so that I don't have to fear others, what they might do or say to me?"
I hope that in asking these questions when you feel like you are up against a wall or drowning in sin or depression or anger or anxiety or pressure or pain or remorse, you will find that God is Good, God is Glorious, God is Great, and God is Gracious. My God, our God, is big enough to handle anything that we could ever go up against and so much more. Also know that God will never let you go through something that you cannot handle, because there is nothing that we cannot handle or overcome if we lean solely on God!
His,
Bryan Britt
Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment